Join the Bee Grateful Farm Team - We Are Hiring!
We are very excited to be preparing for the 2019 season and to be welcoming two new team members this year!
We are hiring for two full time farm positions. Here is the job description...
To work with the farm team on an all natural vegetable farm located 10 miles from downtown Steamboat Springs. This position will assist in growing vegetables and flowers for 3 weekly markets and restaurants. Duties include all aspects of small scale production agriculture including hand based farm work, preparing vegetable beds, seeding, transplanting, mechanical and hand weeding, harvesting and post-harvest packing and processing. Our farm is in the process of gaining organic certification, but not yet certified.
Full time, seasonal (May - Oct 2019), there is a possibility for a year round position.
Essential Job Duties:
- Work with team members to perform daily vegetable farm duties of preparing beds, transplanting, weeding, harvesting, washing, etc.
- Assist team and customers at Farmers markets Thursday, Saturday and Sundays. This includes helping with market setup, maintain freshness and quality of produce at markets, assisting customers, using POS system and helping with breakdown aftermarket.
- Ensure accurate sales including correct change and end-of-day sales accounting on iPad.
- Ensure quality, timeliness and accuracy in all aspects of farm work
- Arrive on time to work and markets
- Assist with sales and delivery to wholesale customers.
- Commit to farm systems and ways of doing tasks.
Previous farm experience helpful, but not necessary. Must be a hard worker and dedicated to doing a great job. Must be adaptable to a fast-paced, schedule driven environment. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds. Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's license and an acceptable driving record as this position requires driving a company truck with a refrigerated trailer to Farmers Market locations.
How to Apply for the position:
Send an email to email@example.com. In this email include the following:
- Your resume
- Tell us a little bit about yourself, previous farm experience and your thoughts on local agriculture.
- 3 references from previous jobs.