Every year when we start planning for the next year I tend to get a bit excited and load my plate up with EVERYTHING I would like to accomplish on the farm.
Now that we are entering our 3rd season, I guess I am wising up or wearing down :) and realizing I have to pick a limited number of projects to focus on so we can complete them without cutting corners or getting burned out.
So with that approach I am looking through my wishlist and searching my heart for what fits the following criteria:
- Brings us joy
- Makes a difference for our community (critters & people)
- Keeps our family first
- Fits in the farm budget
So with that, here is my brainstorm of projects and wish list items.
Create our first Bee pollinator garden on our farm and design/create Bee Grateful pollinator project (looking for help on this)
- Expand and build Strawberry patch for 2021 season
- Build greenhouse and early season tunnels for 2021 season
- Automate our microgreens irrigation
- Connect with local college program for projects
- Have community events at the farm (looking for help on this)
- Test 5 new crops/varieties
- Expand our culinary herb offerings
A lot of these projects depend on us having stellar staffing and a awesome volunteers again this year. But that's the goal!
Stay tuned to see how it all goes. You know I will be sharing the journey with y'all.