This Weeks Featured
Microgreens are one of my favorites vegetables to grow on the farm. They are the tiniest versions of many of the vegetables you are familiar with. Since they are only grown for 10 - 20 days depending on the type, they are very small and generally have 2-4 leaves on them. The types we grow are sunflower, pea shoots and tendrils, mild mix, spicy mix, radish, broccoli and basil.
Microgreens are rich in many vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, enzymes and phytonutrients. They also are very tasty, adding texture, flavor and color to any dish.
Microgreens are an easy way to add vegetables to your day. Here are some ways we use microgreens throughout the week.
- Topper on your salad
- On your sandwiches or burgers
- Bagel with cream cheese, cucumbers and microgreens (my current favorite)
- Garnish soups with them right before eating
- Blend them into Smoothies or juice
- On top of pizza
- Top any dish as a finishing touch
- Eat as a side salad with dressing all by itself
- Have mixed with fruit for an energizing snack